I'm Cat, your fellow mother and friend who knows how to help you get the right angles so you can FINALLY get those pictures you've always wanted with your bump or babies. Pictures that you actually love yourself in, fill your heart with joy and want to hang on your walls and admire for years.
I was raised among many family dynamics, cultures, generations and socio economic groups. This kind of upbringing fosters a level of understanding, awareness and empathy that can’t always be explained. But it can certainly be felt. It’s felt when during your time with me you realise there truly is no judgement. Just a warm, inviting presence that allows vulnerability and genuine moments to come to life.
My journey as a mother has also bred another level of understanding. I have three children, who were at one point, three and under. So I understand the chaos and I’m right there, walking this chaotic, yet equally beautiful journey of motherhood with you.
It’s through this journey that I’ve also learnt and experienced the real value of what I do. These years are truly fleeting and they deserve to be captured with YOU in the picture.
I truly feel so privileged each time a new family chooses to work with me and look forward to connecting and being a part of your journey x
10 facts about me:
- I met my husband on Bebo at 15, and we’ve now been together for 13 years.
- My husband and I are trying to learn Te Reo Māori and have completed two years of night classes. We still have a loooooong way to go before we achieve our goal of being able to fluently speak Māori with our children as our main language though! It’s a journey! IYKYK.
- Our children’s names are Quaid, Manawanui and Aumārire. Quaid is named after my husbands late brother and our girls were given Māori names as a part of our goal to one day speak Te Reo Māori fluently in our home.
- Although I am a huge advocate and supporter for Māori culture and language, and have Māori children - I think it's important to know that I myself, am not Māori. With this, comes immense privilege, which I acknowledge and always try to hold onto when navigating life.
- We have a dog named Ghost. He’s a mixed pitbull breed and the most gentle soul that tolerates my toddlers beautifully. So yes, I'm also totally fine around dogs and happy to have them at your sessions location permitting!
- I'm a mother to a child with a 'disability' as my oldest daughter was diagnosed with Epilepsy in early 2023. We still don't have her seizures under control and have a few other complications that we are navigating that come with this journey. So to other parents navigating a journey like this, I SEE YOU, and I'm sending love.
- I’m a talker and I LOVE getting into a deep, thought provoking conversation, and can often be found getting caught in long conversations with my clients after a shoot.
- Although I'm a big talker, making most people see me as an extrovert, I'm actually an introvert deep down and crave space to myself on the regular. (Not that I get that much these days with 3 young kiddies hahaha)
- I was a personal trainer before I was a photographer and even started going down the path of a naturopathy diploma, so have extra certifications in anatomy and physiology. In the end, while on mat leave with my son, I decided I wanted to do something more creative though and picked up a camera - now here we are, and I wouldn't have it any other way 🙌🏽
- I love business, and I am a big believer in manifestation ✨