I want you to LOVE your images, and for these images to bring back beautiful (and sometimes funny) memories when you look back on them in the years to come. Expecting our children to listen perfectly for 40mins, sit still and smile on demand is unrealistic. So if you're expecting that of them, you'll end up walking away from our session feeling stressed and disappointed, and even potentially, your children will feel stressed too!
It's my job to make sure I get beautiful images. So just relax, have some fun with your family, and enjoy the experience!
A few tips/considerations I do have that may help though:
- Consider bringing someone along who can hold bags, extra clothing, or even a grumpy non-cooperative child (I'll make sure to get pictures of that too ;) haha).
- If your session time doesn't align well with nap time, we can discuss changing your session time. (You may just have to forego golden hour etc).
- Bribery snacks - best used as a last resort though and recommend bringing wipes / non messy snacks.
Deciding What to wear:
I love to work with warm, earthy and neutral tones. Think olive, rust, beige, dusty pink. However, these are your images, so if your favourite top is bright blue, wear that! It's important that yourself and especially your kids, are dressed warm and comfortable more than anything, so take into consideration the weather forecast and your chosen location. Where possible, try to avoid large prints and logo's unless of course you want to have them noticed in the photo's. Also, for family portraits and larger groups, my advice is to colour coordinate tones but not to all wear the exact same colour.
I have a small range of garments that you're welcome to borrow for the shoot. If you see something you like, please let me know before hand and I will make sure to bring it. The garments I offer to use are okay to be used in the sand and to get wet.
Lend Me The Dress offers an amazing range of beautiful garments you can hire in a variety of sizes and colours. Use the discount code 'photographer20' for 20% off. We can use these at the beach, but need to keep them out of the sand and water.
Hair & Makeup
If you'd like to look into having hair and make up done, these are a few of the gals I recommend that I know will 100% look after you and have you looking your best. Each will have their own individual prices and availability so please contact them to organise along side your session if it's something you would like.
- We'll be outdoors, so bring a warm jacket for everyone - You can always leave this in the car.
- Sometimes there's a bit of walking involved, so bring water - You can leave this in the car.
- For beach shoots - Bring a towel incase the kiddies decide to jump in the water.
- Before you get out of your vehicle or leave the house, do a mental check, are you wearing all the jewellery/clothing you had planned? Or is there jewellery/hair ties around your wrist you need to take off? Sunglasses you could leave in the car?
- If you're bringing things to location, try bring it all in one bag so nothing gets lost. (A backpack is best as I can wear it for you while we shoot)
Any other questions?
If you had any other questions, add them into your email reply otherwise feel free to contact me on 021424263 at anytime.