I can either visit you at home or we can utilise some of the beautiful New Zealand scenery local to us. There are some pros and cons to every location and some being a little further away, will add an extra travel cost to your portrait package. Have a look through some of these favourite locations of mine and let me know where you'd like to have your photos taken.
If you'd like to use a different location to the suggestions I have here or have a different vibe in mind then let me know and we chat further.
- YOUR HOME - Your home is the perfect location to capture you and your family in their natural element. Cuddled up with your newborn on the couch, kids running around with their favourite toys. The one place where everyone will be most comfortable. Being indoors, home shoots will almost never have to be rescheduled, and everyone can stay warm and dry. I prefer to use a space in the house that is well lit and relatively clear of clutter. I will sometimes arrive 5-10mins early to have a quick walk through first and look at the lighting in the rooms and let you show me your favourite spots.
- RAGLAN - A backdrop of waves and mountains as you walk along the beach or sit amongst some dunes. Definitely one of my favourite spots. We can get a few shots in the dunes or even dance in the waves. If you're wanting to get in the water just make sure to bring a towel and some warm clothes to change into! Also please note that it can get a bit windy at times so dress warm or have warm clothes waiting in the car. I prefer to use the main surf beach or Wainui beach. So I will meet you in the carpark outside the toilets. Please note, for maternity sessions, there is a hill to walk back up after your session so if you are experiencing any serious complications and think this will be too much, let me know and I have an alternative option we can use, however we won't have dunes to utilise. - Click here to find it on the map.
- TAITUA ARBORETUM - The Taitua Arboretum is located just outside of Hamilton and has so many beautiful backdrops to choose from. Definitely one of my favourite spots for family portraits. I love the lush greens and forest looks that you can get from this location while still being easily accessible. Kids usually love being able to chase after all the chickens around here too. Not very wheel chair friendly though unfortunately. I will meet you in the carpark by the toilets - Click here to find it on the map.
- TILLS LOOKOUT - A beautiful spot to get the first or last light of the day, and being so close to town, you don't have to worry about a long drive home after catching the last of the light. I will park up and meet you at the start of the path on Melva Street - Click here to find it on the map.
- WAIWHAKAREKE NATURAL HERITAGE PARK - This spot is another easily accessible location offering lots of warm boho vibes from the dry grasses in summer. Unfortunately not very wheel chair friendly either though. I like to park up and use the entrance on Baverstock Road - Click here to find it on the map.
- TE TOTO GORGE - To get to this location requires driving up hill on a windy narrow gravel road. But once you arrive, your breath will be taken away by the amazing views of the surrounding mountain range and beaches below. It can get pretty windy up here too though so definitely dress warm or have warm clothes in the car for back up. I will meet you here in the carpark - Click here to find it on the map.
- HAMILTON GARDENS - The Hamilton Gardens are a great spot to update your family photos as they provide a wide range of options and are also wheel chair friendly. Only downfall would be that it can sometimes be quite busy so we can't always guarantee a particular garden. Use the carpark in the Gate 1 entrance and I will wait for you at the seat by the Gate 1 sign as you're walking up to the main entrance. - Click here to find it on the map.
- VICTORIAN GLASSHOUSE - A perfect spot when the weather is looking a little iffy as it provides shelter. It has a few different backdrops to choose from, including a tropical and cactus room. Usually need to book in slightly earlier in the day for this location though as it does tend to close earlier in the evening. This is best accessed through Gate 2 of the Hamilton gardens. Use the first carpark on your left and I will wait for you there. - Click here to find it on the map.
- KANIWHANIWHA RESERVE - A location I haven't been to often, but I ended up here by mistake with a client one day and managed to get some beautiful images that I love so had to include it on this page. Will add more info when I get a chance to revisit. I will wait for you here in the carpark - Click here to find it on the map.
- PUTARURU BLUE SPRINGS - A bit of a drive from Hamilton, but a perfect location to meet 'in the middle' for Tauranga or Papamoa clients. The crystal clear waters below are absolutely breathtaking and the mountains and luscious greenery surrounding this spring provide some beautiful backdrops. Please note there is a bit of walking involved. I use the entrance on Leslie Road and will meet you in the carpark here. Please note there is usually no service at this carpark, but i'll let you know what i'm wearing or what car i'm driving before the date of our shoot so you can find me. - $50 travel fee | Click here to find it on the map.